You may think that was pretty stupid of me, but do you not know the feeling of when you are so passionate about something that you just have to do? All the ideas are there right now. If you sleep, you will forget everything! It has to be now! I need to finish! Your brain is under high pressure. And you just need to do one more thing…
For that there is a very good solution. You just need a small notebook beside your bed. In that way every time you get an idea before bed or after waking up, you can write it down, so you will not forget the idea. In that way you will be able to relax more and let go of things.
Stop excessive consumption of coffee and energy drinks. It is alright to drink it occasionally but replacing or partly replacing sleep with caffeine is just wrong. Stop it!
Adults sleeping hours
Do you know how many hours you are supposed to sleep a day? It is not six hours… it is actually seven to eight hours. If you are a teenager you are supposed to sleep nine hours a day. If you would like to know how harmful it is for your body to have sleep deprivation, read Chris MacDonalds article, on sleep.
And no, it is not just another article. I tested this on myself. Six hours are just not enough, seven hours are not enough either and eight hours are too much. I have to sleep seven and a half hours before I can function. If I am very tiered after a busy day I will just take a power nap.
- 15-30 minutes: If you just need a small boost, this one is really good.
- 45-60 minutes: This one reboots your memory.
- One hour and 15 minutes – One hour and a half hour: Rebooting creativity, memory and feelings.
Some more advices
- Put your mobile and other electronics away an hour before bedtime.
- Dim all the lights an hour before bedtime.
- Do not be hungry, I know I cannot fall asleep if I am hungry.
- Your bed is for sleeping only, do not use it as your workplace.